Originally a pharmacy. It appears to be a pharmacy in “The History of Greene County” 1884. It was on a 1912 map, listed as a pharmacy. In 1949 it shows owned by “Horwitz” as “Rexall” After that it became McManus Pharmacy.
The Hunter Foundation purchased the building in 2006 envisioning the Tannersville General Store. The building underwent major renovations in order to create an old fashioned general store offering gift items, souvenirs, penny candy and an old fashioned soda fountain. In 2014, Drew and Natasha of the Catskill Mountain Country Store in Windham purchased the building opening their second location on the mountain top (http://www.catskillmtncountrystore.com).